17-MILE DRIVE TOUR
Electric Bike with a 750-Watt Motor
Beginner to Intermediate Skill Level
Legendary for its beauty, 17-Mile Drive meanders up and down the hills of Pebble Beach. Join us as we admire stunning seaside views, famous golf courses, and amazing mansions on this guided e-bike tour.
The Top Sights
Asilomar State Beach
John Denver Memorial
The Links at Spanish Bay
Marine Gardens Conservation Area
Point Pinos Lighthouse
$79 per rider (ages 16+)
$59 youth on e-tandem (ages 10-15, 4’8″ min)
$29 passenger on e-cargo bike (ages 2-15, 120 lb max)
If only one person is booked for the tour, he or she pays $89.
Big Sur Adventures in the American Tin Cannery
125 Ocean View Blvd
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
There will be approximately 1.5 hours of biking and 2 hours for photographs. Riders also have the option to continue unguided to Point Lobos or Carmel for an extra $10 per hour.
Beginner to intermediate
Ages 16 and up
Min 2, Max 20
For groups of 6 or more, call to book.
If only one person is booked for the tour, he or she can ride at an increased cost. For groups larger than six, please contact us to set up a tour.
E-bike, guided tour, helmet, water
Lunch, snacks, transportation services (can be arranged with prior notice), extra riding time
What to Bring
Warm clothes, snacks
Experience One of Pebble Beach’s Most Picturesque Paths
Soak up the beautiful coast of Northern California in this 3.5-hour guided e-bike tour. Meet us at our base in the American Tin Cannery Outlets, where we’ll introduce you to the e-bikes and give you a safety briefing. Our first stop will be Lover’s Point, which offers a gorgeous view of the ocean. Try to catch a glimpse of sea otters as we ride through the Pacific Grove Marine Gardens Conservation Area! You can also pay homage to the memory of John Denver as we pass his memorial. Continuing our trek up the coast, we’ll have a chance to see the Point Pinos Lighthouse, which has shone since 1855. We’ll then pedal past the sandy shores of Asilomar State Beach, making stops at viewpoints to take in ocean vistas and the fresh sea breeze.
Afterwards, marvel at The Links at Spanish Bay, a stunning golf course with fairways overlooking the ocean. We’ll continue past the rest of Spanish Bay and make our way to Pacific Grove Gate, the official start of 17-Mile Drive. Snap a photo of China Rock and Bird Rock (which, despite its name, is shared by sea lions). We’ll relieve the Lone Cypress of its solitude for a few moments before continuing our ride to the Ghost Tree at Pescadero Point. Last but not least, take a minute to imagine yourself in one of the luxurious mansions along the path.
Our local guides will share their knowledge of the area’s unique ocean wildlife and iconic landmarks throughout the tour. The full ride is 21 miles round trip and lasts approximately 3.5 hours, including plenty of time for photographs.
The Perks of Going Electric
See more of the gorgeous California coast in a shorter amount of time.
Less physical effort means that you can spend your time enjoying the views, not catching your breath.
Adjust the bike’s electric assistance to fit your preferences. It’s suitable both for people who want a good workout and for those that don’t want to expend much energy.
Other Things To Keep in Mind
- Our ride alternates between separate bike lanes and roads shared with vehicles (25 mph speed limit).
- This tour is recommended for riders aged 16 and older.
- For those of you considering taking children as passengers, we’d like to note that the tour pace may be faster than some are comfortable with (15-20 mph). If we go too fast for you, your guide can set you up to ride at your own pace. Under these circumstances, we will only bill you the rental rate, not the tour price.
- Though we have over 120 e-bikes, we limit this tour to 20 riders to stay safe and avoid negatively impacting traffic. We may be able to make an exception for special events if you contact us(opens in a new tab) in advance.
- While Southern California is known for its sunny weather, our climate here up north tends to be a bit cooler. We recommend dressing warmly so that you can fully enjoy the ride!